Department Of Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering established in 2008, is well-equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure. The state of art infrastructure includes latest configuration desktops organized in five different laboratories.
There is an internet facility and inter-connected by a 24 hours server. The Department has a distinction of consistently achieving above 95% results in the final year. Students are encouraged to appear in GATE, CAT, GRE and other competitive examinations which has resulted in increasing number of students clearing these exams
The goals of the computer science and Engineering department are to prepare students for graduate training in some specialized area of computer science, to prepare students for jobs in industry, business or government, and to provide support courses for students in engineering, mathematics and other fields requiring computing skills.
Nurturing globally competent computer science & engineering graduates by inculcating values of research qualities and society.
- To impart high quality professional training with an emphasis on basic principles of computer science and engineering.
- To strengthen links with industry through partnerships and collaborative development works.
- To attain self-sustainability and overall development through research, consultancy and development activities.
- To make the students as for as possible industry ready to enhance their employability in the industries.
- To improve department industry collaboration through internship program and interaction with professional society through seminar/workshops.
The Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s) of the department of CSE are given below:
- PEO1: To provide the imperatives knowledge of science and engineering concepts fundamental for a computer professional and equip the proficiency of mathematical foundations and algorithmic principles for competent problem solving ability.
- PE02: To inculcate ability in creativity & design of computer support systems and impart knowledge and skills for analyze, design, test and implement various software applications.
- PE03: To exhibit leadership capability, triggering social and economical commitment and inculcate community services and protect environment.
- PE04: To provide an educational foundation that prepares computer professional for excellence, leadership roles along diverse career paths with encouragement to professional ethics and active participation needed for a successful career.
PO1: An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science and engineering theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems to real-world problems (fundamental engineering analysis skills).
PO2: An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data (information retrieval skills).
PO3: An ability to function effectively on multi-disciplinary teams (teamwork).
PO4: An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities (professional integrity).
PO5: A knowledge of contemporary issues (social awareness).
PO6: An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing and engineering practice (practical engineering analysis skills).
PO7: An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software and hardware systems of varying complexity (software hardware interface).
PO8: An ability to recognize the importance of professional development by pursuing postgraduate studies or face competitive examinations that offer challenging and rewarding careers in computing (successful career and immediate employment).
PO9: An ability to Use research–based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO10: An ability to Create, Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to computer science related complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO11: An ability to apply Reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the CSE professional engineering practice.
PO12: An ability to understand the impact of the CSE professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development Ethics: Apply Ethical Principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
CSESA is a forum made for the students of Computer Science and Engineering department. It is a platform where students can enshrine themselves from outstanding curricular and extracurricular activities conducted throughout the academics. It was established by the department of Computer Science and Engineering GNIET, visionary to silhouette the students into true Engineers through CSESA.
There is large employment potential for Computer Science & Engineering graduates in all sectors of industry. Computer Science Engineers have numerous career opportunities in areas like Software Industries, IT Enabled Service firms, Research Sector and Communication industry. In private sector, they can work in top firms like Accenture, Infosys, TCS, IBM India, CapGemini, Congnizant, Amdocs, etc. In Government sector they can operate in some of the reputed firms like NTPC, ONGC, ISRO, Banking Sector, Communication Industry like BSNL, MTNL etc. They have a good career scope abroad too where they can work in reputed companies like Google, Yahoo, Philips, Samsung, Nikon, Acer, etc. They can seek opportunities to work in profiles like Software Developer, Application Developer, Enterprise Architect, Data Analyst, Database Administrator, CGI Special effect developers, Client Server Systems Manager etc. There is also good employment potential at local software industries based in Nagpur like: Global Logic Pvt Ltd, Persistent Systems, Infocepts etc.